TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All quotations whether verbal or in writing are made and all orders are accepted subject to the following Terms and Conditions, which shall govern the contract to the exclusion of any other Terms and Conditions. No addition to or variation of these conditions will bind the Seller, unless it is specifically agreed in writing and signed by a Director of Fox Industrial Limited. No agent or person employed by or under contract with the Seller has the authority to alter or vary these conditions in any way.
- No waiver by the Seller of any breach of the Contract by the Buyer shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
iii. If any provision of these conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
- “Buyer” means the person or business named in the purchase order.
- “Seller” means Fox Industrial Doors Limited.
iii. “Goods” means all items to be supplied (or instalment or part of them) and all work to be done (or instalment or part of them) by the Seller as specified in the purchase order.
- “Purchase Order” means the Buyer’s purchase order.
- “The Contract” means the contract between the Buyer and Seller for the sale and purchase of Goods.
- “Quotation” means the quotation provided by the Seller to the Buyer setting out the description, price, place and quantity of the Goods. Words in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, references to any gender shall include the others and References to legal persons shall include natural persons and vice versa.
- PRICE AND DELIVERY
Unless otherwise specified in the Quotation
- All prices are quoted and payable in sterling and are exclusive of any value added or similar tax payable therein.
- The price includes for delivery Ex Works or as otherwise specified therein.
iii. The Seller reserves the right, by giving notice to the Buyer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the Goods to reflect any increase in the cost to the Seller which is due to any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which is requested by the Buyer or any delay caused by the Buyer’s instructions or the Buyer’s failure to give the Seller adequate information or instructions, or by any deterioration of any item subsequent to a quotation being issued by the Seller for the repair thereof.
- In the case of an order for delivery by instalments the price payable for each instalment shall be the price set out in the invoice.
- Any times quoted for despatch are to date from receipt by the Seller of the acceptance by the Buyer of the Seller’s quotation and of all necessary information and drawings to enable the Seller to proceed.
- Whilst the Seller will use all reasonable endeavours to comply with any delivery dates, the Seller accepts no liability whatsoever for any failure to attain such delivery dates.
- ACCEPTANCE OF GOODS
Any claim by the Buyer which is based on any defect in the Goods shall be notified in writing to the Seller within seven days of delivery or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable period after discovery of the defect. If the Buyer does not notify the Seller the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and the Seller shall have no liability for such defect, and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with The Contact.
The Buyer shall pay for the Goods within ten days of the date of the Seller’s invoice.
- If the Goods are delivered in instalments the Seller shall be entitled to invoice each instalment as and when delivery thereof has been made and payment shall be due in respect of each instalment whereof delivery has been made.
iii. Any overdue payments shall be subject to interest at 4% above the base rate from time to time of National Westminster Bank charged by the week/month or part thereof that payment remains overdue.
- All and any retentions agreed to by the Seller must by paid within twelve months of The Contract date.
- RISK AND PROPERTY
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer at a time when the Seller notifies the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or in the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at the Seller’s premises at the time of delivery, or if the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, the time when the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods.
- Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, any other provision of these conditions, the property of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods and all other Goods agreed to be sold by the Seller for which payment is then due.
iii. Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Buyer (and provided that the Goods are still in existence and have not been re-sold) the Seller shall be entitled at any time to require the Buyer to deliver up the Goods to the Seller and, if the Buyer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of the Buyer or any third party where the Goods are stored or installed and repossess the Goods.
- If the Seller is required to undertake legal action to recover money owed by the Buyer then the cost of this legal action will be payable by the Buyer.
- FORCE MAJEURE
The Seller shall be entitled to delay or cancel delivery or to reduce the amount of Goods delivered if and to the extent that it is prevented from or hindered in or delayed in manufacturing, obtaining or delivering the Goods by normal route or means of delivery through any circumstances beyond its control including (but not limited to) strikes, lock-outs, accidents, war, fire or breakdown of plant machinery.
- ASSIGNMENT AND SUB-CONTRACTING
The Seller may entirely at their discretion and without the consent of the Buyer assign the contract with the Buyer or sub-contract the whole or any part thereof to any person, Company or Seller.
Our prices are based upon:
- A single continuous installation period with safe and unimpeded access to suitably prepared openings(s) and adequate access/parking for delivery vehicle(s)/fitters van(s) at no cost to the Seller.
- All work is assumed at ground floor.
iii. Normal hours of work, i.e. Monday-Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm
- Suitable hard standing area being provided
- Abortive visits will be chargeable at the full day rate.
- All down-time due to impeded access is chargeable to the Buyer at a rate of £20.00 per engineer per hour.
vii. Unless noted otherwise, all door/shutter sizes are structural (steel/masonry) opening sizes and the Seller has allowed for products to be fixed directly to suitable, solid support structures, using our standard fixings.
- LIFTING & ACCESS EQUIPMENT
It is the customer’s responsibility to provide offloading and safe storage prior to actual installation, and providing a forklift truck of suitable size and capacity to lift door rollers, guides and motors into position when required.
- POWER AND WIRING
In the case of power operated roller shutter doors the Seller checks that motor(s) are functioning correctly on installation by seller’s own power supply. On-site connection and wiring is to be provided in all cases by the client. In the case of Industrial Doors it is the Buyers responsibility to provide a 16 amp 3 Phase and neutral fused isolator on motor side of the door at approximately 1.5m from floor level and wired into a 5 pin 16 amp socket within one metre of the motor position.. This must be available at installation stage. In the case of tube motor roller shutters it is the Buyers responsibility to provide a single phase spur within one metre of the motor side of the door. This must be available at installation stage.
- BUYER’S RIGHTS
Any specifications, plans, drawings, patterns or designs remain the property of the Buyer and must be returned to the Buyer by the Seller on completion of the Contract if requested by the Buyer to do so.
- WARRANTY, QUALITY & CONDITION OF GOODS
The Seller warrants for 12 months that Goods, manufactured by them shall be of sound material and workmanship and that good workmanship shall be employed in assembling parts or materials not manufactured by them. This warranty is given subject to the following:-
- The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any default arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence of the Buyer, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Sellers instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse, or alternation or repair of the Goods without the Sellers approval.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the items (including specification) of any order and the Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from drawing, design, information or specification supplied by the Buyer.
iii. Whilst every care is taken to ensure the operation of the Goods is satisfactory, no guarantee is given and any warranty is conditional on the Goods being installed, commissioned, serviced and maintained.
- A service agreement is not provided as part of our guarantee but is available at an additional and competitive cost.
- The above warranty does not extend to parts, materials or goods not manufactured by the company, in respect of which the customer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer to the company if the same is assignable.
- DETERMINATION OF CONTRACT
If the Buyer shall make any arrangement or composition with creditors, or commit any act of bankruptcy, or if any petition or receiving order in bankruptcy shall be presented or made against the Buyer, or if, being a limited company, any resolution or petition to wind up the company’s business (other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction) shall be passed or presented, or if a receiver or manager shall be appointed of the Buyer’s undertaking, property or assets, the Seller shall have the right forthwith to determine the contract, and upon written notice of such determination being posted to the Buyer’s last known address, the contract shall be deemed to have been determined.
- DELAY IN EXERCISING THE CONTRACT
Should the Buyer wish to delay the installation of Goods ordered from the Seller, or should the Seller not be able to undertake the installation for reasons outside their control, then the Buyer will be charged for storage of the Goods by the week/month or part thereof that the installation is delayed.
- CANCELATION OF CONTRACT
Should the Buyer cancel an order once the order has been placed then the Buyer will be liable to pay the Seller 80% of the order value.
The Contract shall be deemed to have been made in England and the parties of the contract hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts. English law shall be the applicable law of The Contract.